We offer two separate wireless applications: our Driver Wireless System, created for integration with vehicle transport and delivery operations, and our YMS Wireless System, which has been developed as a vital, integrated component of yard, inventory and compound management.
Our wireless systems take advantage of the latest technology available using rugged industrial devices and Smartphones. Both systems will work with consumer-grade Smartphones, though there are a few major advantages in deploying a rugged industrial device. We are currently deploying wireless applications using the Android OS, but we also support Windows Mobile and are in the process of working on the BlackBerry.
Driver Wireless System
This system works hand-in-hand with our TMS product. It may also be purchased as a stand-alone product, and integrated with your existing (non-CargoTel) transport management system. Key features include (click image at left to view sample screens):
- Receive dispatch and load information
- Update the status of shipments (including bar code scan)
- Receive load routing and GPS mapping
- Scan and read barcodes from documents or vehicles
- Detailed inspections, with templates for new or used car deliveries
- Integrated photo capture, tied to damage/inspection entries
- Electronic signatures and Proof of Delivery
- Full integration of all real-time activities with TMS
YMS Wireless System
Our YMS Wireless application is a vital component of yard and inventory management, and offers the following key features:
- Receipt of vehicle via port, rail or truck (including bar code scan)
- Move or reposition to another yard or location under your control
- Upfit – perform additional services, especially for compounds
- Task management (under development for release in 2nd quarter 2011)
- Inspections, with templates for new or used cars
- Release of vehicle via:
- Truck (internal company truck or 3rd party)
- Rail, including Rail Car loading and unloading
Although our wireless applications will work well on consumer grade devices, there are several important considerations to be made when choosing your device. These are:
Consumer-grade devices: Low cost but easy to break, especially in an industrial environment. Does not offer an integrated bar code reader, but instead relies on the device's camera to scan VINs. Typically has a less powerful battery and antenna than an industrial device.
Recommendation: Android OS smartphones or tablets
Industrial devices: Robust battery and antenna, rugged case (can be military spec), integrated bar code reader (1D or 2D, with RFID option). Tend to be much more expensive than consumer-grade devices, but better suited for industrial use.
Recommendations: (click link to view more information):
Pidion 6000 series (Android OS option): Ideal for Driver Wireless application. Rugged and tested with exceptional performance
Psion Workabout Pro: Ideal for YMS Wireless, heavy inventory and compound management.